Monday, April 8, 2019

Hello Ups!ide Down and More Never Before Used Stuff



Hi there.  Did I make you smile??  Who wouldn't want to smile after seeing this cute flamingo.  It's from Gerda Steiner Designs and is called Upside Down Flamingo and is perfect for any type of card. The saying is from Hedgehog With Sign set.  Both are sets I haven't used.

I stamped the flamingo in memento black ink onto white card stock then colored using copic markers before stamping the saying in the upper right corner.  For the sand, I repeatedly stamped the fern from Stampin Up's retired Watercolor Minis in various brown dye inks. After adding a panel of Colorbok Light Bright designer paper, I added an embossed border then sponged the card edges with pink passion dye ink.  I then highlighted parts of the flamingo using a black Sakura glaze pen.  The only embellishments added were bright pink brads and pink circle clips.

Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies #1914 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday April 5 to April 18 - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart #240 - Just For Fun
Make My Monday #93 - Something Humorous
Gerda Steiner Designs April - Share Your Designs

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!


Stamps: GSD Upside Down Flamingo, Hedgehog With Sign; Stampin Up Watercolor Minis (retired)
Ink:Memento Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass; Stampin Up Pink Passion, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel
Card Stock: SU
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stipple Brush, Brads, Clips, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder, Glue Dots, Sponge, Sakura Black Glaze Pen

4 comments:

  1. That's hysterical, Bonnie! I'm afraid you might be enabling me with this terrific card! And way to go using that NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It's very amusing. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in at MMM, with this fun flamingo card, certainly made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete