Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Coco Inspired Marigold


Hello and welcome!  It's raining FINALLY here in California.  Yay!  Our exhausted fire fighters will finally get some help from Mother Nature.

Today I'd like to share a card I made for Inspired By Music challenge at Aurora Wings using the Marigold Sprite from Aurora Wings.  I probably should have used the Sugar Skull Marigold Sprite but didn't since I don't have this one.  For my card, I went used the colors and theme song Remember Me from the Disney movie Coco.  I printed the image at 3.5x5 since the rain caused another migraine and I could color it easier that way. Once I had my image printed, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before sponging Stampin Up summer sun and rose red inks around the image panel.  After adding some yellow brads, I popped up the image on a white card with Basic Grey Luscious designer paper I've had in my stash for years.  My final embellishments were sponged summer sun and rose red ink around the edges of the card, a red/orange organdy ribbon, and dew drops before spritzing some rose red ink over the image.

Challenges entered:

Aurora Wings - Inspired By Music
Splitcoaststampers Tea Pot Tuesday - MMTPT A Friend In Need
Splitcoaststampers Use It 2018 - Use Forgotten Stamps, Paper, etc
Pammies Inky Pinkies #1939 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Twisted Thursday 092718 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Aurora Wings Marigold Sprite
Ink: Stampin Up! Rose Red, Summer Sun
Card Stock: Stampin Up!, Basic Grey Luscious Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Computer, Printer, Sponges, Brads, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Dew Drops, Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Oooh this is such a lovely bright and cheery card and I love the gorgeous ribbon. Thanks for sharing it with us in our Inspired by Music challenge at Aurora Wings this time. Good luck.
    Dawn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even without it being the Sugar Skull image, I knew it was for Dia de los Muertos, Bonnie Lynn. I'm a huge fan and celebrate it myself. Perfect bright colors and wonderful inspiration. Thanks so much for joining our Inspired by Music Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so bright and colorful, and the embellishments you used are perfect! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at PIP Challenges. Happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete