Friday, February 1, 2013

Rejoice!

Hello and welcome to February!!  With the start of the new month, it also means the start of a new month long Christmas challenge for the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club.  This month we are calling the theme: May I *case* you. Create a Christmas Themed card by Casing anyone on SCS and give a link to the creation you cased. Be sure to change at least 2 details of the original, give a link to the original in your post and who you cased.  Use the following keywords, SCSCCFEB13, and make sure to add a link in the thread so we all can see your creation.  You must be a SCS Fan Club member to participate, so if you're not, join up!

The exciting part for me with this months challenge is I was asked to make a sample for it. Yeah me!  For my SCS gallery member, I chose my friend jojot (Joanne) and CASED this card of her's here then changed the stamp sets used, color combination and decided not to do any embossing.

I started out by stamping my main image from Winter Scenes from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company in memento tuxedo black onto MFP white cards stock before coloring with prismacolor markers and cutting out.  Then I stamped the snowflakes from Winter Scenes in Stampin Up! bliss blue ink as a background before stippling the same ink on both matching layers and adding to a brilliant blue card.  Before I added my cut out image, I also stippled bliss blue ink around the edges of the tree so it would stand out on the blue background before also adding the saying and diamond ice stickles to highlight a few snowflakes.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Winter Scenes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bliss Blue
Card Stock: MFP White, Stampin Up! Blissh Blue (retired), Brilliant Blue (retired)
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Corner Rounder, Diamond Ice Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment