Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful For You

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Thomas Kincade post, please scroll down one.

This week is Thanksgiving here in the States, so I decided to make a quick and easy Thanksgiving card to show another type of clean and simple that's easy to duplicate.

I started out by stamping my image from one of  Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company's mini sets called Count Your Blessings in memento tuxedo black onto snow storm smooth card stock before coloring with koh-i-noor pencils and a blender marker.  Once my coloring was finished, I lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass and forest moss distress inks around the sides of the image before layering and adding some pumpkin brads.  Then I stamped the leaf from Oh Happy Day in pumpkin pie ink directly onto the card before adding my layered image and saying.  The only other embellishment added was some fall colored Michael's bridal confetti flowers from my stash with bling stickers.

Challenges entered:

Card Makin Mamas - Thanksgiving Challenge
CCEE1246 - Fall or Thanksgiving
Party Time Tuesday #94 - Thanksgiving
Paper Playtime Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
Pause Dream Enjoy #46 - Thank You


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Count Your Blessings, Oh Happy Day
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Pumpkin Pie, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Stampin Up! Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Really Rust
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Marker, Stipple Brush, Glue Dots, Bridal Confetti, Bling Stickers, Pumpkin Brads,

4 comments:

  1. Like the Pheasant & flower embellishing on your wonderful thank you card. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Thanks challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image and I love how you have coloured it! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Thanks/Thanksgiving Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love the flower embellishments. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime and Pause Dream Enjoy. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I love the sentiment is not thankful for something you might have done but for you in general. Great Holiday thank you. Thanks for entering at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges.

    ~Sarah PDE DT

    ReplyDelete