Thursday, June 15, 2023

Trees and Jello


Hello and welcome.  Today I have another card to share made for this month's Woodblock Wednesday challenge.  While looking for the saying I used in yesterday's project, I came across this wood block stamp from Whipper Snapper that I totally forgot I had.  I must have bought it either online, or at a stamp convention, 20 years ago.  

 I started out by stamping the saying in memento tuxedo black ink onto a top note die cut I received from a secret sister a while back before stippling Tim Holtz spiced marmalade and tumbled glass distress inks around it.  My card is stamped in using a retired Stampin Up Fresh Fillers wood block set (I haven't used in years) in tangerine tango ink before adhering my die cut saying panel.  Once that was finished, I pulled out some dusty prima flowers and adhered them to the card before pulling out my Martha Stewart fern punch and punching scrap green card stock with Tim Holtz mowed lawn distress ink stippled over them.  I then adhered the "ferns" to my card and added some bling to finish it off.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out since I was making it with another migraine.  

Challenges entered:
 
Retro Rubber #208 - Sweet Summer ( saying, background stamp)
Splitcoaststampers June Fan Club Challenge - Orange You Glad (must be Fan Club member to participate)
 
 

Inspiration Station
 
 
Colorful Options Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn; Stampin Up Tangerine Tango
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: PFS Blending Brushes, Primas, Glue Dots, MS Fern Punch, Glue, Bling, Top Note Die Cut
 

7 comments:

  1. Lol, this card takes me back to how excited I would get when school started back up again - so much more room and time to get stuff done with the kids out, lol. Very cute! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to find a treasure in your stash? Great sentiment and lovely card! Thanks for inspiring us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon!
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. this absolutely made me chuckle. Love that sentiment. Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great saying, love it. Lovely card too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yes, so true. Love how you designed and made this. Sorry about the migraine, hope you are feeling better now. P.S. - Will we ever use all those old Primas? XXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun sentiment. Thanks for playing at Stay Crafty With A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Card, love that sentiment, so true! Thanks for sharing with us this month at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete