Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Candy Bars And Birthday's

 Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made for one of the challenges for Splitcoaststampers Virtual Stamp Night (VSN).  Now I've had this stamp for at least 7 or 8 years but I don't seem to use it as much as I should since it's easy to color.  The entire image on my card is the entire stamp - no masking, fussy cutting, etc required.  So let's get to it.

After stamping my image on some scrap Neenah white card stock, I colored it using my prismacolor and copic markers before stippling some Tim Holtz tumbled glass and mowed lawn distress ink around the edges then layering.  Once that was finished, I took my card base and dry embossed only half of the card using an old Tim Holtz tree bark embossing folder with my Big Shot© before adding a scrap of designer paper to create my border.  The final touches were adding brads to the layered image, and adhering using some pop up glue dots, I highlighted the Happy Birthday using a black gel pen before taking a fingernail and distressing the edges of the panel.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out since I made it while dealing with a migraine and sinus infection/bronchitis.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers MAR23VSNB Mixed Greens - Use 3 Different Green (used wasabi, kiwi kiss, gable green, mowed lawn on image for good measure)
Retro Rubber #203 - Happy Birthday (stamp is 7 or 8 yrs old)
 
 
Retro Rubber #203
 
Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge
 
 
 
 If You Give A Crafter A Cookie
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Stampabilities
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scrap Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Big Shot, Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, PFS Blending Brushes, Fingernail


 

5 comments:

  1. Love this scene from Charlie Brown - great birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I'm dealing with allergies now, Honey too. Fun fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - what a sweet and versatile Charlie Brown image! And perfect coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha, never a truer word said! Love this image and your use of brads so it looks like it has been pinned. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! What a fun card and we're loving all the green background for the April cookie color at IYGACAC! Thanks for sharing with us! --Becca/guest cookie artist

    ReplyDelete