Friday, April 28, 2023

A Day At The Lake


 Hello and welcome.  Today I have another card I had started three weeks ago before getting a nasty migraine and is inspired by two of the Ways To Use It challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.  I pulled out an old, and dusty, A Stamp In The Hand (Nature 1 & 2) and Close To My Heart (Beautiful Things) stamp sets.  I had bought the A Stamp In The Hand sets from a rubber stamp convention years ago and hadn't used yet (NBUS).

I started out by stamping images from the Nature 1 & 2 sets using memento tuxedo black, northern pine and nautical blue inks.  Once that was finished, I took my Koh-i-noor pencils and colored the fisherman, tree trunks, some of the water and cattails before blending Tim Holtz broken china, mowed lawn and stormy sky distress inks before deciding to highlight parts of the shoreline using the pencils as well.  After layering, I added some vintage brads before adhering to my card stamped also in memento northern pine ink.  As an afterthought, I then blended a bit of the stormy sky to help create the feeling of a cloudy day then added a sentiment, clouds and additional trees from a retired Close To My Heart set.

Challenges entered:
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: A Stamp In The Hand; Close To My Heart
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Northern Pine, Nautical Blue; Tim Holtz Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Stormy Sky Distress Inks
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, PFS Blending Brushes, Brads, Glue Dots
 

4 comments:

  1. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ this! Such a fabulous card! Love your inky goodness. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a creative & peaceful weekend. Hope your migraine stays away! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ’™πŸ’™ thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Hope you have a creative & peaceful weekend! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a masterpiece! Great job, my friend. XXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz "Twisted Thursday" Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete